The Ministry of Employment, Social Affairs, and Family is proud to announce its collaboration with Coursera, the most popular online learning platform to provide certification for 3,800 courses and 400 specializations that will support 50,000 Somalilanders build on in-demand and industry-ready skills to accelerate workforce development over 6 Months period.
The new initiative gives unemployed workers access to 90% of Coursera’s catalog for free. Among the courses available are those that can take beginners from unrelated fields and make them ready for entry-level roles in another, like tech.
Coursera Workforce Recovery Initiative enables the government of the Republic of Somaliland to offer high quality, job-relevant online learning to the unemployed, the young graduates, and the civil servants.
Through this program, you will have access to more than 3,800+ courses and 400 Specializations from Coursera’s university and industry partners, through the Somaliland Ministry of Employment, Social Affairs & Family. The Somaliland government will offer free access until September 30, 2020, and learners enrolled at that time will continue to have access to finish their courses until December 31, 2020.
By participating in the Coursera Workforce Recovery Initiative, you have a unique opportunity to create an impactful and scalable learning program tied to the needs of your labor market.
How the program works:
- 3,800 courses and 400 Specializations available for free
- Course Certificates offered for each course completed FREELY
- Enrollment is open through September 30, 2020, for organizations to enroll unemployed workers in courses
- Newly-enrolled learners will have through December 31, 2020, to complete their courses.
- Dedicated program support, enhanced analytics, custom learning pathways, and private authoring available for an additional fee